Whitsundays Migration Dates: 19th September – 4th October 2020.
Please note: we will also be doing an ‘express trip’ north leaving GC on the 18th August and aiming to arrive at Hamilton Island 24th August 2020.
Notice: We’ll be updating this news page with all updates to this event & inform you via our newsletters & social media when we do.
The first day will be the longest leg of the trip, GC to the Wide Bay Bar. We will have Coast Guard organised to escort us over the bar.
From then we will plan the following.
- We will aim for 2 days in the Sandy Straights & the top of Fraser – Any boats that need to refuel will either go to Urangan or Bundaberg – However if the weather is awesome we will push through and head straight out to the bunker group after the refuel.
- Approx 3 or 4 Days Bunker Group or Pancake Creek Weather dependant. If weather is great we will stay as long as possible and do Elliot, Musgrave, Fitzroy & Heron Island.
- All Boats Refuel at Gladstone & Dock Party – Bring a plate of food, possibly a dress up theme to be confirmed.
- We will then go through the narrows and over the cattle grid.
- We shall aim to then spend 2 nights in the Keppels.
- The next 4 days at Port Clinton, Island Head Creek & Middle Percy.
- A Couple of days in the Lower Whitsundays, Brampton, Thomas, Lindeman etc.
- We’ll then finish with an event on the 3rd October TBA either at Airlie, Hamilton or Whitehaven.
Including the following;
- Full Media Photo & Video Coverage.
- A personalised members portal download section with group photos & individual boat and crew photos uploaded. The idea is that these photos will be uploaded for members to see and download daily as we travel up the coast.
- Vessel support from staff including a service tech on board the entire time for trouble shooting, on-the-fly repairs or organisation of parts needed.
- Back at office staff will be on stand by if the need shall arise to drive up any spare parts or organise air freight etc if needed.
- A donation to the Coast Guard for assisting us with 2 Wide Bay Bar Crossings.
- Weather dependant: Full use of RMC Activities for all. On board we’ll have the – RMC Beach Volley Ball, Riviera Floating Pool, 4 x stand up Paddle Boards, clear bottom Kayak and the underwater iAqua Scooter.
- Weather dependant: Join in on our RMC Super Rib Adventures, Exploring, Fishing, Snorkelling, Water Skiing.
- Use of the RMC BBQ Station – We carry Two Beach BBQ’s, Table, Marquee & Cooking equipment which we’ll setup on the beach when the weather is great and this will happen multiple times along the trip. BYO food and cooking while you enjoy the secluded beaches boating gives you access to along the journey.